Effective as of May 24, 2005
FICS Online. This site is owned and operated by the International College of
Surgeons - United States Section.
2. Description of Service. FICS Online consists of two parts: A “public-facing” site and a “members-only” site. The members-only site includes functions and services designed for members of the International College of Surgeons - United States Section. All information contained within the site is intended only for adults who are state-licensed physicians or medical students. As a physician, you should use your own professional judgment in evaluating the information provided through this Web site. This site is in no way intended to serve as a substitute for your medical diagnosis or treatment.
3. Representation. As an ICS member user of FICS Online, you are liable for the accuracy of the information that you provide to us in the member profile section, such as your professional qualifications and contact information.
5. Third Party Content. FICS Online contains information provided by third parties. The site also provides links to other Web sites. Although the International College of Surgeons - United States Section uses protocols and review processes for the content we post on FICS Online, we assume no responsibility for information provided by third parties or the content of other Internet sites to which we provide links.
6. Advertising. Sponsors may advertise their products and services on the members only side of FICS Online. No advertising will appear on your public-facing site. At no time is the International College of Surgeons - United States Section making any representation or warranty regarding any sponsor’s products or services, nor will we be liable for the sponsor’s products or services.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties. The International College of Surgeons - United States Section has taken reasonable measures to ensure that the information contained within FICS Online is reliable, however, by using this Web site, you accept the products and services provided here "AS IS.” International College of Surgeons - United States Section makes no express or implied warranty regarding the accuracy, content, completeness, reliability, operability, or legality of information contained within FICS Online, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights.
8. Consequences. If you violate the terms of this agreement and cause harm to others, you agree to indemnify and hold the International College of Surgeons - United States Section, its sponsors, and vendors harmless from and against any and all loss, damage, or expense.
9. Participation. The International College of Surgeons - United States Section may accept or reject your participation in this service for any reason at its sole discretion, including the suspension or loss of your license. FICS Online (members only) is offered as an exclusive benefit for International College of Surgeons - United States Section members. Should your membership lapse for any reason, access to the Web site may be taken off-line. Compliance with the International College of Surgeons - United States Section Code of Ethics is also a requirement for your participation in FICS Online.
10. Intellectual Property. Copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws apply to the materials on FICS Online. You agree not to infringe on intellectual property rights of others when copying or posting material on FICS Online. Please see the Copyright notice for further information.
11. Restricted Access. Your members-only FICS Online site is accessible only by means of a User ID and password. You agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of the User ID and password. You agree to notify International College of Surgeons - United States Section of any unauthorized use of your User ID and password.
14. Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement is entered into and performed in the State of Illinois, United States of America, and is governed by the laws of Illinois, exclusive of its choice of law or conflict of laws provisions. In any claim or action directly or indirectly arising under this Agreement or related to FICS Online, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the Circuit Court of Cook County, or if such court does not have subject matter jurisdiction, then each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and whichever of those two courts has jurisdiction, each party waives any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such court.
15. Complete Agreement. If any provision or provisions of this Agreement are held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction not to be enforceable, then such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties pertaining to its subject matter and supersedes any earlier agreements, memoranda, or understandings. It may not be modified except as described elsewhere in this Agreement. Anything in the FICS Online program inconsistent with or conflicting with the terms of this Agreement is superseded by the terms of this Agreement.