The Mission of the United States Section of the International College of Surgeons is to foster worldwide surgical excellence through education, training, fellowship and humanitarian efforts.
Goals for Accomplishing the Mission
The primary goal of the U.S. Section of ICS is to promote and participate in the exchange of surgical knowledge and techniques. As part of this goal, the U.S. Section wishes to cultivate and strengthen friendships with surgeons in other countries.
We will increase our visibility in the United States by acquainting other organizations having international interest with our activities. This visibility will be supported through an egalitarian social and technical milieu to encourage member participation.
Humanitarian purposes of the U.S. Section include assisting in surgical missions, worldwide disaster relief and surgical care, in cooperation with other agencies.
The College is dedicated to serving the needs of the surgeon, to enrich a member's life both personally and professionally. By providing high quality educational programs in unique settings and at significantly reduced rates, members have the opportunity to attend with family to experience the feeling of brotherhood the College imparts.
To become a Fellow (member) of ICS (FICS) through the United States Section, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Licensed to practice medicine in the United States.
- Successfully completed a residency program in surgery, anesthesiology, pathology or radiology.
- Submit a fully completed application form.
- Provide three references who can attest to your ethical and professional qualifications.
- Pay the appropriate application fee.
Click here to apply online today!
Residents in training are also welcome to join as Junior Fellows. Requirements are:
- Enrolled in a surgical training program in the United States. Includes fellowship training in a surgical or related specialty as indicated above.
- Provide at least 2 references, one of which must be your residency director.
- Submit fully completed application form.
- No fee required for Junior Fellow application.
Click here to apply for Junior Fellowship.
Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners can now join ICSUS in the new Allied Member Category. To join applicants must:
- Be a licensed and/or certified Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- Complete the application form
- Provide appropriate references or be recommended by a current ICS Fellow
- Pay the appropriate application fee
Click here to apply.