2024 INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION
Submission Deadline (No Extensions): November 30, 2023
Applications no longer being accepted
This information applies only to participants who are living/training OUTSIDE the United States.
Click HERE if you are living WITHIN the United States.
Multiple cash prizes, including a $500 Grand Prize awarded for the winning submission.
General Information and Eligibility
The Scholarship and Research Committee of the ICS-US Section invites medical students, residents and fellows in general surgery and all surgical specialties (including anesthesiology, pathology and radiology) to submit original clinical research with pertinent clinical application for this competition.
How to Enter...
- Go to the electronic submission form (link located below)
- Complete all required information including the financial relationship(s) disclosure
- Submit by November 30, 2023 (No extensions)
- Only one (1) submission per participant (pick your best)
Applicant Rules and Submission Guidelines
- The competition will be conducted in English.
- All presentations MUST be given by the submitting applicant.
- All applications/submissions must be based on new/original research that has not been previously submitted or presented at an ICSUS meeting.
- The submitting authors of the top reviewed abstracts will be required to present their research remotely for judging.
- You will be notified by December 31st if you qualify for this step.
- Each qualified presenter will be required to submit a video presentation of no more than 15 minutes. (Submission instructions for the video will be provided approximately December 31.)
- The deadline for the video submission is January 20, 2024.
- The deadline for application to the competition is November 30, 2023.
Judging and Award Distribution
Submissions will first be judged and scored by the members of the ICS-US Section Scholarship Committee to select the top candidates for presentation. Be sure your abstract includes all pertinent information about your research.
- The abstract information you submit now will be evaluated. Make sure your information is accurate and complete.
- The top submissions as determined by ICSUS will be selected for participation in the final judging.
- An additional panel of judges will be assembled to score the oral (video) presentations.
- Scores from both panels will be totaled and the winners selected from the top submissions.
- Winners will be announced by April 15, 2024.
Contact Maggie Kearney at 312-787-1662 or Email: email@example.com
Submission Deadline was November 30, 2023
No longer accepting applications
Click HERE to submit your application