2021 RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION
Submission Deadline is December 1, 2020
Cash and other prizes, including a $1,000 Grand Prize awarded for the winning submission.
General Information and Eligibility
The Scholarship and Research Committee of the ICS - US Section invites medical students, residents and fellows in general surgery and all surgical specialties (including anesthesiology, pathology and radiology) to submit original clinical research with pertinent clinical application for this competition.
How to Enter...
- Go to the electronic submission form (link located below)
- Complete all required information including the financial relationship(s) disclosure
- Submit by December 1, 2020
- Only one (1) submission per participant (pick your best)
Applicant Rules and Submission Guidelines
The submitting authors of the top reviewed abstracts will be required to present their research at our Annual Surgical Update, June 24-26, 2021, at the InterContinental Airport Hotel in Minneapolis, Minnesota where winners will be selected. Lodging, travel arrangements and any expenses associated with participation are the responsibility of the submitting author. Submissions accepted that qualify for live presentation are expected to register for the meeting and pay appropriate fees in advance. If you are not already an ICSUS Junior Fellow please apply now (there is no fee, but meeting registration fees are discounted for Junior Members).
- All applications/submissions must be based on new/original research that has not been previously submitted or presented at an ICSUS meeting.
- All presentations MUST be given by the submitting applicant.
- The deadline for application to the competition is December 1, 2020.
Judging and Award Distribution
Submissions will first be judged and scored by the members of the ICS - US Section Scholarship Committee prior to the Annual Meeting to select the top candidates for presentation. Be sure your abstract includes all pertinent information about your research.
- The abstract information you submit now will be evaluated. Make sure your information is accurate and complete.
- The top submissions will be selected for participation in the on-site/final judging.
- There are a limited number of speaking slots; applicants are not guaranteed an oral presentation at the meeting.
- An additional panel of judges will be assembled at the conference to score the oral presentations.
- Scores from both panels will be totaled and the winners selected from the top submissions.
- Winners will be announced during the meeting.
Contact Maggie Kearney at 312-787-1662 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Submission Deadline - December 1, 2020
Click HERE to Submit Your Application (including abstract - only ONE  submission per person)