The United States Section is now accepting applications from certain allied health professionals in the newly added Allied Member category. In particular, licensed Physician Assistants (PA) and Nurse Practitioners (NP) are now invited to join the ICS through the US Section. PA’s and NP’s are an important part of the surgical team and your role in patient care is undeniable.
The key benefits of allied membership are:
1) complimentary subscription to the ICS journal “International Surgery”
2) discounted registration fees at the Annual Surgical Update and
3) access to discounted member services.
Becoming an Allied Member of ICS will let PA’s and NP’s show they are interested in surgery and provide opportunities only available to those affiliated with the International College of Surgeons.
To join applicants must:
- Be a licensed and/or certified Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- Complete the application form
- Provide appropriate references or be recommended by a current ICS Fellow
- Pay the appropriate application fee